Wind Speeds and How They Affect Your Roof in Davenport, FL
Wind speeds can vary greatly, but even moderate gusts can result in roof wind damage. To help you understand how damaging wind can be to your roof, RIG Roofing put together the following guide:
- 40 to 50 mph winds can loosen or damage shingles, especially if your roof is older or in poor condition.
- 50 to 60 mph winds can rip shingles off your roof and damage the decking.
- 60 to 70 mph winds cause significant damage to most roofs. This includes tearing off shingles, damaging the roof deck, and even posing structural damage.
- 70+ mph winds can produce catastrophic damage to your roof and home.
Here are 5 of the most common signs of roof wind damage in Davenport:
1. Missing or loose shingles. If your roof is missing shingles it is likely it is due to wind damage.
2. Curled or lifting shingles. Wind gusts lift shingles and cause them to curl away from the roof.
3. Granule loss. Granules are the protective coating on shingles that help them stand up to the elements. When wind blows off these granules, it leaves your shingles exposed and vulnerable to damage.
4. Compromised soffit or fascia. Soffit is the underside of the roof’s overhang, and the fascia is the board that runs along the edge of the roof. Damaged soffit and fascia can lead to leaks and other problems.
5. Leaks or ceiling stains. Roof wind damage is not confined to the exterior of your home. If you have water stains on your ceilings, it's a sign that your roof is leaking. Wind can cause leaks by loosening shingles or damaging the soffit or fascia.
What You Should Do If Your Roof Has Wind Damage
If you spot any of the above signs of roof wind damage, it's important to call a qualified roofing contractor in Davenport, FL such as RIG Roofing as soon as possible. We offer free roofing assessments to let you know about any current or potential roof problems so you can make a plan for the necessary repairs.
If it is determined that you have roof wind damage, you may also need to file a claim with your home insurance company. They will send out an adjuster to assess the damage and determine if your claim is covered.
If your insurance company approves your roof wind damage claim they will provide funds to you to have your roof repaired or replaced. You will be able to choose the roofing contractor of your choice to complete the repair.
Homeowners Insurance and Wind Damage
Most homeowners insurance policies cover roof wind damage in Davenport, FL. However, you need to keep a few things to keep in mind:
- You may have to pay a deductible, or out of pocket expenses before your insurance company will start paying for repairs.
- Your policy may limit the amount of compensation you receive for wind damage claims.
- Certain types of wind damage, such as damage caused by tornadoes may not be covered.
- Always review your homeowners insurance policy carefully to understand what is and is not covered.
- You may work with a 3rd party such as a lawyer or public insurance adjuster to help you with your claim if you feel you are not prepared to face your insurance company alone.
Why Choose RIG Roofing to Repair Your Roof Wind Damage?
RIG Roofing is a family-owned and operated roofing company that has been serving Davenport, Florida for over 30 years. We are licensed and insured, and we offer a 10-year workmanship warranty on every new roof we install and a one year warranty on all repairs. We are committed to providing our customers with excellent customer service and educating them every step of the way during their roofing project.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose RIG Roofing to repair wind damage on your roof in Davenport.
1. We have extensive experience in repairing wind damage. Our team has seen it all, from minor to major damage and are pros at getting the job done quickly and efficiently
2. We treat your roof like it is our own, so we use only the best materials and equipment to repair it.
3. We offer a 10-year workmanship warranty on all roof replacements and a one year warranty on all repairs.
4. We provide outstanding customer service. We work with you every step of the way and always want you to be happy with the results.
If you suspect your roof has wind damage in Davenport, FL contact RIG Roofing today for a free roof assessment. We will come to your home and assess the condition of your roof. Then we provide you with our findings, answer all of your questions and provide options for making your roof reliable again. We even have a variety of financing programs for different situations. We look forward to helping you and your family feel safe in your home again.
Visitors also read
Protecting Your Home From Lakeland, FL Weather Starts With A Strong Roof
Protecting your home from harsh storms and wind always starts with a strong roof...
Will My Insurance Pay For A Roof Replacement. Advice you need to know!
Will Insurance Pay For A Roof Replacement? Typically, homeowners insurance polic...
The Value Regular Roof Maintenance in Florida
Regular roof maintenance is an important aspect of being a responsible homeowner...
Dependable Roof Repair in Winter Haven, FL
4 Signs You Should Seek A Dependable Roof Repair Company in Winter Haven, FL